Sunday, November 1, 2009

1st Trimester

Pregnancy. Finally. After a year and a half of trying different fertility things, it has happened! But after all that time, I don't know that I was fully prepared for the actual pregnancy part. This day was a shocker.


Two blue lines, a clear positive

Once we got over the shock, we told parents and siblings. My mom was so excited, she immediately went out and started buying things for 'baby' (both genders, just in case!) Our baby will be spoiled even before it arrives. Lucky for us! So I decided to start taking pictures. Here are a few scattered throughout my first few weeks. I am still amazed that I can look pregnant when I go to bed and when I wake up, almost no sign of baby.


6 weeks


7 weeks

After being so flat stomached my whole life, this is a new ball game. One I'm not sure I will like. Right now I just feel like I'm getting fat. Maybe it will get better when I actually look pregnant. Anyone been in this same boat?


12 weeks

Although I really can't complain. I have had hardly any nausea. Which is one way I consider myself VERY lucky. Teaching and morning sickness don't seem to go together very well. I am constantly tired and HUNGRY like you wouldn't believe. Shane is still shocked when I say 'food' an hour after dinner. I guess baby needs the extra nourishment or something.

I decided to tell my class about the pregnancy on Halloween, since it is getting hard to find clothes that hide my growing belly. I borrowed a shirt from a friend that has a baby skeleton on the stomach of the mom skeleton. It took some prompting, but I eventually got the reason for wearing the shirt out of my kids. They all seemed excited for me. That night we decided to carve pumpkins with my family. Baby on the mind, I decided to make mine look like a baby's face. Here is what you get.


Halloween 2009, 13 1/2 weeks

Can you even tell I'm pregnant? Well I know there is something in there. We have already had an ultrasound to make sure I wasn't carrying twins. Thank heavens there is only one! I will put up pictures later from the ultrasound.

Welcome to the expanding Smith family blog.

PS I almost forgot, but I am about 14 weeks and due on May 3rd, in case you were wondering.

8 comments:

Red said...

I love that you now have a personal blog and that your news is now public! Huzzah!

Kate said...

Ditto to R . . . I hope you update your blog frequently!

Unknown said...

what a cute shirt! And congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you! and yes...you will have one spoiled little baby! I bet your mom is so thrilled! Maybe by time I see you in the next few months you'll actually look pregnant skinny girl! love ya!

Lindsay said...

I am so excited you have a blog now. Congrats on the new baby to come.

Ashley said...

YAY! I love the costume. How did your kids take it??

We'll see you this week...my little blog buddy!!!

Unknown said...

Riley, how weird to see a little belly on you. This will be the most beautiful baby in the world. I know you don't remember, but you held that title when you were young!! Congratulations sweetheart. I love you and Shane and I am so excited for LORI

Rebecca said...

I am so thrilled for you, Riley!! You will be the cutest pregnant lady ever!! Thanks for sharing. I love the halloween costume. What a cute idea. I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl. Make sure you share the news! XOXOXO

Lisa said...

Wow Riley I'm so excited for you guys! Its good you haven't been very sick, its miserable. Hope everything goes great. May is a great time to have a baby! Congrats!