Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crafting Mania

My sister has become obsessed with crafting (in a good way, I think!) Because of this, I am benefiting from all of our crafting time. We went down to my grandma's house last Friday and did a quilt for the baby's crib. I don't have a picture of it yet, since it is not finished, it still needs to be quilted. We also had time to do car seat covers, which I am really excited about. Mine turned out so cute.


Then we spent Saturday continuing our craziness. Up next, painting. I bought a shelf for the baby's room and wanted to paint it blue. Abby had another idea, much more difficult to accomplish, of course. She had done a crackled paint on her bulletin board and thought that would make it look really cute. So we tried, had a few glitches, fixed our glitches, and ended up with a pretty cute outcome. 

Here is a close-up of the crackled paint look.

Lastly, we did a cute little project for St. Patrick's Day. We found a place called The Wood Connection to buy unfinished wooden letters. Let the creativity begin. Using the letters from the word LUCK, this is what mine ended up looking like. Love the sparkles the best!



Feeling crafty yet?

3 comments:

Bryner Family said...

YAY!!! You made a post about our crafts! I love them. You can't make fun or say you're sick of crafts. Look at all of the cute things that came from them :) I'm having another craft day with Jamie today actually. We are going to try to do a car seat cover for her. So you won't have to worry about me making you do crafts with me for about a week haha jk

Ashley said...

I am SO glad you posted the crafts. They are so super cute! I can't wait to see the quilt when it's done. By the way...Craft night next Tuesday...7ish. BE THERE!!!

Red said...

Adorable, Riles! Invite me next time, pretty please!