Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vuksinick Family Campout 2011

Two days after Sawyer and I flew home, we headed off for the annual Vuksinick family campout for the weekend in Huntington canyon. I look forward to this camping trip every year. We just hang out and catch up with all our extended family. We also have a horseshoe tournament each time.


This year since Abby was very pregnant and Shane was still in Tahoe we did the 'sort of' camping stay. We slept in the Huntington hotel at nights, but spent the rest of the time at the campground. I LIKE this kind of camping. All the fun, but none of the cold/wet tents! Abby and I think it would be convenient if one of us were pregnant each year so we could 'sort of' camp every time! 


We spent lots of time talking to everyone and finding out what they've been up to. We always assign out the meals, so we ate super well while we were there! Then on Saturday afternoon we played the annual horseshoe tournament. So fun! This year I was partners with my grandpa (Pops). He is such a fun and loving grandpa. We beat out the team in the first round. Then we had to play Anton and Max, who had already won two games. We actually beat them too by quite a bit, I was amazed! But they weren't out because of an odd number of teams. So to finish up, the last three teams all had to play each other. To take the gold, you had to win twice. Anton and Max beat the other team, so Pops and I had to play them again. This time we weren't so lucky. But we did come close, losing 18 to 21. In the end Anton and Max won first place. Pops and I took home second! That's the best I've ever done. I also got to bring home a trophy!! Impressive, I know.


Sawyer had so much fun camping. He could have played in the dirt all day long. He also loved walking around on his newly working legs. But because the ground was so uneven, he mostly walked with someone's hand. He also loved eating s'mores for the first time! We camp at a place called the Big Rock because it really does have a HUGE rock sitting there. So of course Sawyer needed his picture on top of the rock. Uncle Anton was nice enough to climb up and take Sawyer for his first Big Rock picture. It was a really fun trip and I can't wait for next year!




 Look at that growing belly!

 Pops taking Sawyer for a walk.





 Pops and Gram


 Abby being score keeper because she couldn't play.


Anton and Sawyer (and Sophie) on the Big Rock.

My horseshoe prize. It says 1st place, but really I won 2nd.

Last time to play in the dirt while we loaded up.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Pretty impressive trophy! Good work!! We do need to play soon. Let's try for next week. Let me know when you are available!