Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sawyer's 1st Birthday Monster Bash

For Sawyer's birthday party we invited over family and some friends. I decided to do a monster themed party for him. I made up some cute invitations and got them sent. Then my mom, Abby, and I made some really cute oreo monster suckers that Abby had found online. We also made Sawyer his own cake to destroy that looked like a furry monster!


 Sawyer's cake




Next I got the house all decorated and ready, and daddy picked up balloons and the ice cream cake for everyone else.








Then it was time for everyone to come over. We had a great turn-out! We started by singing Happy Birthday and eating cake. Then Sawyer opened his presents, with a little help from mommy. He got so many wonderful things! Then we finished up by stripping Sawyer to his diaper and letting him eat his monster cake. For as much as he likes food, I'm surprised at how little he destroyed it. He didn't really like the frosting sticking to his hands. So I had to help him do some eating by taking cake and feeding it to him. But he did seem to enjoy that! Then it was time for a quick tubby and off to bed. Thanks to everyone that came and all of the fabulous presents!

















Sawyer loves the newfound treat of cake! These pictures tell it all!





Happy first birthday Mr. Man!

1 comment:

Lori Vuksinick said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love the pics especially the top one! What a great party it turned out to be...Perfect for a perfect grandbaby ;)